Ten things I’ve learned from my “spirited” boy:
- Always check the oven and garbage disposal before turning them on.
- 30 seconds in a row is a long time.
- Silence is a warning signal – run quickly to the last place you saw the boy.
- Anything can become a step up, including the oven door, a cooler, a cardboard box, and the potty chair.
- It’s not that hard to learn how to open doors and turn on the bathtub faucet.
- Everything is interesting and cool.
- A smile goes a long way.
- There is always time for another walk, a story, or a tickle attack.
- Teaching is the same thing as learning.
- I am the luckiest mom in the world.
To everyone who has a mother’s heart (whether your children are a twinkle in your eye, are here on Earth or in Heaven, are from another mother, have 2 or 4 legs, or are in the hospital or at home), and to everyone who is missing their mom or wishes they were a mom, Happy Mother’s Day.