We have the flu, gang. It’s not fun. I have never seen Jax this sick – he sat on the couch for an entire day and did not jump, eat, or talk. It was awesome and scary at the same time. I got a ton of work done in anticipation of my own demise. Sure enough, my symptoms showed up last night at 2am while I was up with Jax and his 103.6° temperature.
I’m out of energy to write my usual New Year goals post. So, I thought I could reflect on the last year with a list of your five favorite blog posts on An Early Start. This list is based on the number of views each post received.
Thanks for reading, everyone. It’s pretty awesome having you all in our corner – for the good times and the bad.
Tops Posts on An Early Start for 2014
1. Dear Extended Family, Isolation Isn’t About You – This one came in first by a long shot – it struck a nerve with a lot of you. It’s hard to explain the decision to isolate your preemie – I think this post helped some of you do that.
2. Pumping in the NICU: Liquid Gold or Liquid Guilt? – I actually published this one about my experiences pumping breastmilk for Jax while he was in the NICU in 2013, but it has staying power, I guess. It was the second most viewed post on the blog this year!
3. Good News and Bad News: Results from the Brain MRI – You guys had our backs here! Thank you for all of your comments, love, and support when we found out about Jax’s brain tumor. ❤
4. When Are You Going to Get Over It? The Lasting Effects of Prematurity – My Messy Beautiful – Prematurity is something that changed us – it is a part of our story forever. We will never be able to get over it.
5. Is One Child Enough? Thoughts on Pregnancy After a Micropreemie – Having another child after the birth of a preemie is a difficult decision. It’s a decision we haven’t made yet.
We’re looking forward to the new year and we’re glad you’e along for the ride. Cheers to a happy and uneventful 2015!